Celebrating Panda Day: Cute pictures of Pandas for every mood
There’s hardly a man who hates a Panda – the cuddly giant tumblers clothed in black and white fur. They’re overwhelmingly cute, and even a kid would agree, Pandas are easily the most majestic teddy bears nature could give us. Sadly, with widespread deforestation, and human encroachment into their habitat, the Giant Pandas are on the verge of extinction.
Here are some interesting facts to know about Pandas –
- Panda is source of national pride in China
- China is the only country where the Giant Pandas still survive. This Asian bear species used to range across southern and eastern China and northern Myanmar and Vietnam.
- According to Chinese government’s survey from 2014, there are only about 1,864 Padas in the wild. And close to 300 odd surviving in captivity
- Time and necessity has transformed Pandas to thrive in a particular habitat. Otherwise, Pandas have canine teeth to tear flesh and specific enzymes to digest meat.
- With evolution now Pandas spend nearly 14 hours a day eating and 99 percent of their diet comprises bamboo shoots
- The species was labeled endangered in 1990